Friday, August 22, 2008

OBAMA VP WATCH FRIDAY P.M.

On the Campaign...

Okay - as presumably we shall know tomorrow morning the identity of Yo-Bama's VP pick, here's a presumably final thought on the matter of the moment:

To reiterate: Were I advising Yo-Bama THERE IS NO QUESTION THE BEST CHOICE IS HILLARY CLINTON.
In my professional opinion, choosing Hillary blows the campaign open for Yo-Bama and leaves McCain in the dust.
I appreciate - better than most - the profound downsides of a Clinton(s) as an actual Vice President.
But as a CANDIDATE, she surpasses everybody in the potential to help elect Obama, Period.
But, as I say, I am virtually alone in believing this. So say it isn't Hillary...

Then it must be Biden.

Or not.

In any case, here's the wild (i.e. brilliant) guess that motivates my perhaps final blog for this, my final summer vacation day of 2008:

My guess is this: if Yo-Bama breaks his VP story tonight, I predict One Television Network will scoop all the others.

I predict if the story breaks tonight, NBC News (and/or MSNBC) will first breal the story.

Know why?

If Yo-Obama is waiting for Friday night - normally the death valley of the weekly news cycle (given the choice, one announces only one's indictment on a Friday evening, as nobody is watching) - it is because of the OLYPMICS.....as in a huge Friday night, late August, vacation, stay-at-home, TV audience.

There is only One Thing we we will be watching: THE OLYMPICS.

Thus: my theory is that if the story breaks tonight, NBC will first have it....BECAUSE OBAMA CUT A DEAL WITH THEM TO HAVE IT FIRST, TO REACH THEIR HUGE OLYMPICS TV AUDIENCE.

Am I nuts?
Quite possibly.

But - if NBC first has this YoBama VP story - PLEASE RECALL WHERE YOU HEARD IT FIRST.

Check in tomorrow morning, and throughout the weekend will you?

Excelsior!

JS

No comments: